The Kindergarten comes to the Computer Lab every other week for 40 minutes.
My email is: email@example.com
1. ANIMAL FRIENDS
ANIMAL FRIENDS INTRODUCTION VIDEO Watch the videos and pick your favorite Animal Friends to draw. A Flipgrid code will be available through your teacher. You can tell me about your animals. Add drawings to the Padlet above. Parents some of these videos are on youtube, turn off Auto play
- Tara and Bella -The Elephant Sanctuary
- Snowflake and his Mom Duck and his Mom
- Noah's Ark - Leo the lion, Shere Khan the tiger andBaloo the bear
- Dog let's out friends - Dog rescue center
- Chaser the Smartest Dog A Border collie that knows 1000 toys & her best friend is a human
- The best day of my life - Bulldog who is adopted
2. Harriet and M15 Peek in on our eaglets. My, how they have grown! How have they grown since last week? Look closely, can you see feathers forming? Look at all 4 CAMS to see their habitat. Their nest is 60 feet off the ground. CAM 360 allows you to move the camera and hear the birds. Below the CAMS are videos from past weeks so you can see their progress.
3. KEYBOARDING - need a keyboard Watch the Technology Class video
Keyboard Zoo - ABCya
- Look at Keyboard Zoo below. The keyboard is blue and pink to remind you that the blue keys are tapped by the left hand and the pink keys are for the right hand. Try to remember where the letters are located.
- Try this game 3 times, you will get better each time.
- On the next screen choose Letter Numbers
Keyboard Zoo 2 - Use the shift key to make upper case letters. They are marked with yellow. In the computer lab they are painted yellow! You will need both hands to press on the letter and shift key at the same time. Try 3 times.
The devices that students are using make it a challenge to have lessons that all can access. For example, those with ipads don't have a keyboard for keyboarding lessons. I will include an app that we have used in class along with assignments that can be done cross platform. Students may go to PAST WEEKS if they liked coding or reading books.
* iPad App that we have used in class
1. FLIPGRID Earthday videos. To all of the Kindergarten students who shared the ways their family cares for the earth, thank you for such great ideas. Take a few minutes to listen to your classmates. Remember that every day is earth day!
Amazing Animals - Nat Geo
CODE - Students learn to create a set of steps to move the object (an algorithim)
Lightbot Lightbot is also a free app that can be downloaded on an ipad
* Turtle Directions are below the grid on the turtle website. Start with the turtle on the bottom and select the commands to get the turtle in the pond. Students can challenge themselves to start the turtle on the sides. Finally, added rock and trees.
READING Learn to Read Which book did you read last? Read the next book in the list and play the games. Read as many books as you can.
Main page for Starfall - Reading * Word Machine
ABCya - Letters and numbers
Keyboard letters - ABCya
IXL Math - 10 questions per day
Kindergarten Math Games -Education.com
BookFLIX - Scholastic - Watch a fiction story, read along with a non-fiction book and try the quiz User name: oradelles PW: bookflix
Tumblebooks - subscription
GO Math - subscription
Spelling City * Dolch Words * Word Lists * Word Families
Keyboard letters - ABCya
Dance Mat Typing - Finger placement - by BBC Listen to the instructions and see if you can follow. If it is too hard go back to Keyboard Zoo. You may use headphones for this program.
- Play Level 1
- Select Home row
- Continue with the lessons. Remember where you stopped so you can continue next week.